BOOK FOR BOOK PROGRAM
Through your purchases, GAC helps provide much needed books to children in low-income communities, where early childhood literacy rates are at a disadvantage. We recognized early on that this gap existed with childhood literacy between low-income communities and with middle-income communities across the nation.
Guardian Angel Council recognized there was a need to provide assistance to guide the future of not only our children, but for the impact that each of them will have with contributing to society as a collective generation. This is why we established in 2012 our Book for Book program where we help to erase the wide gap of early childhood literacy rates across the nation.
Literacy Statistics Across the United States:
- There is only 1 book for every 300 children in low-income neighborhoods versus more than a dozen books per child in middle-income neighborhoods.
- The average child in a low-income family has only been exposed to 25 hours of one-on-one reading versus children from middle-income homes being exposed to 1,000 to 1,700 hours of one-on-one reading
- By the time children from low-income families enter kindergarten, they are 12-14 months below the national norms in language and pre-reading skills
- Low literacy costs the U.S. at least $225 billion each year in non-productivity in the workforce, crime, and loss of tax revenue due to unemployment
- The link between academic failure and delinquency, violence, and crime is welded to reading failure.
Book For Book Program
GAC’s Book for Book Program is making a difference in educating the community with literacy and early childhood education. We partner with local businesses and organizations to provide books for children in need. This is why we provide bilingual books so that we can take this opportunity to educate the parents and caregivers of these children that it is imperative that they focus a portion of their time reading to their children.
Young Series Bilingual Children’s Books
We have currently partnered with the Young Series bilingual chlidren’s books. You can view the available books by visiting Young Series website. With your purchase, you are helping to increase the literacy levels across the nation.
Visit their website at http://YoungSeries.com